SL 112/5 in 30 overs , still Jayasuriya in company of Mahroof managed to steal victory from the jaws of defeat.
SL 95/6 in 26 overs, still Jayawardene and Chandana won the match for their country.
WI 112/6 in 24 overs, Ramdin almost won it for WI, scoring at almost 6 per over from 112/6 is incredible.
So problem area remains to be 5th bowler; in all matches India held the edge till regular bowlers bowled, and the moment 5th bowler( Sehwag/Ganguly/Yuvraj/Raina) was pressed into action, momentum shifted drastically.
Well, still I think playing 3 seamers(that too all 3 left armers) is not a very good idea. How abt playing 2 seamers and 2 spinners and JP Yadav as allrounder.
My team for final.
1.Sehwag -- highly unreliable but can win the game single handedly on his day.
2. JP Yadav -- he has opened for Railways many times, so can be tried here.
3. Kaif -- he needs time to settle down, and can handle moving ball better.
4. Dravid -- From here he can bind the inning.
5. VenuGopal -- he is another sensible young lad, and knows how to apply himself rather than big-match-pressure getting better of him.
6. Yuvraj -- he can't be dropped but also can't be relied on (thats y Venu comes above him)
7. Dhoni -- he is DYNAMITE, he can't be kept quite, no matter on which position he comes.
Raina 12th man.
Btw, Kasprowicz's hand was not touching the handle when ball brushed it.